Army Active Duty, Reserve, or National Guard students seeking to use Tuition Assistance should first refer to their local Army Education Center to set up an ArmyIgnitED account.
Due to the delay in launch of ArmyIgnitED, TA requests for upcoming classes starting March 22, 2021 or later may be affected.
From HQ ACCESS as of 4/16/2021: “For classes that start 23 April 2021 and later, HQ ACCESS is reinstating exception to policy (ETP) Tuition Assistance (TA) funding. Soldiers should enroll in these classes directly with their Educational Institution.
To ensure that there is no gap in TA funding, Soldiers whose classes start on 8 March 2021 and later will be provided ETP TA funding if TA eligible (e.g., not Flagged, have TA remaining for FY). As such, no gap exists in a TA-eligible Soldier’s ability to enroll in classes under this ETP.
When the TA program is back online in ArmyIgnitED, Soldiers should follow the guidance provided in previous messages from HQ ACCESS to request ETP TA for classes beginning 8 March 2021 and later.
Once the TA program is active in ArmyIgnitED and Soldiers are able to submit TA Requests into the system, HQ ACCESS will suspend the ETP TA process. More information will be provided as we move forward. HQ ACCESS will message Education Institutions (EI) and Soldiers when ArmyIgnitED can process enrollments and when the ETP TA process has been discontinued.”
The following terms are eligible for the ETP:
- BARTonline Spring 2021 Session 4 (8 weeks) March 22-May 16
- BARTonline Spring 2021 Session 5 (6 weeks) April 5-May 16
- BARTonline Spring 2021 Intersession (4 weeks) April 19-May 16
- BARTonline Summer 2021 Session 1 (6 weeks) May 24-July 4
- BARTonline Summer 2021 Extended Session (12 weeks) May 24-August 15
- BARTonline Summer 2021 Session 2 (8 weeks) May 31-July 25
- BARTonline Summer 2021 Session 3 (8 weeks) June 14-August 8
- Fort Riley College Program Hybrid Cycle 3 (8 weeks) March 22-May 14
- Fort Riley College Program Hybrid Cycle 4 (8 weeks) June 7-July 30
- Fort Leavenworth College Program Hybrid Cycle 3 (8 weeks) March 22-May 14
- Fort Leavenworth College Program Hybrid Cycle 4 (8 weeks) June 7-July 30
If you need an ETP for an upcoming class, please contact your Barton advisor or call the Barton Office at 785-784-6606 ext. 700. The deadline to request an ETP for a spring class is April 22, 2021.
Other Military TA
If you are using Tuition Assistance from the USCG, USAF, US Navy, or USMC, authorizations may be faxed, mailed, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Business Office
P.O. Box 2463
Fort Riley, KS 66442
Attn: Business Office
Veterans Administration (VA)
Information may be obtained from the Veterans Administration office (800) 827-1000 to verify eligibility and requirement to apply. Once your eligibility has been confirmed the Barton Fort Riley Campus will assist you in processing the necessary forms. For more information, please visit our Veteran Services webpage or contact the VA Coordinator at email@example.com.
Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA)
MyCAA provides financial assistance to eligible military spouses pursuing certification or Associate’s degree. For more information or to see if you are eligible, please contact the MyCAA at (800) 342-9647.
Once approved to receive MyCAA, please contact Megan Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your Education and Training Plan (ETP).