Bart with soldier

Military Options


ArmyIgnitED is the virtual gateway for all eligible Active Duty Army, Army National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers to request Tuition Assistance (TA) online, anytime, anywhere for classroom and distance learning. It allows Soldiers to reach their educational goals. It is also the virtual gateway for Army Civilians to apply for their Civilian education, training, and leader development events. Visit the ArmyIgnitED website to get started!

If you do not have an ArmyIgnitED account, please contact your education center. Prior to using TA, soldiers must have an approved Education Path in ArmyIgnitED. Once enrolled with Barton, we will upload your enrollment information into ArmyIgnitED. Soldiers can then request TA the next business day. Enrollments should be completed 10 days prior to the start of class in order to allow time for TA to be requested.

For questions, contact Abby Kujath at (785) 784-6606 ext. 712 or email

Other Military TA

If you are using Tuition Assistance from the USCG, USAF, US Navy, or USMC, authorizations may be faxed, mailed, or emailed to

Attn: Business Office
P.O. Box 2463
Fort Riley, KS 66442

(785) 784-7542
Attn: Business Office

Veterans Administration (VA)

Information may be obtained from the Veterans Administration office (800) 827-1000 to verify eligibility and requirement to apply. Once your eligibility has been confirmed the Barton Fort Riley Campus will assist you in processing the necessary forms. For more information, please visit our Veteran Services webpage or contact the Veteran Services Coordinator at

Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA)

The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses. The scholarship assists military spouses in pursuing licenses, certifications or Associate degrees necessary to gain employment in an occupation or career field. For more information and eligibility requirements, please visit or contact a SECO Career Coach by phone at (800) 342-9647.

Once your program of study has been approved by MyCAA and course enrollment is complete, please contact Megan Chambers at or (785) 784-6606, ext. 709 to receive your Education and Training Plan (ETP). Please be aware that your ETP must be submitted to MyCAA for approval no later than 14 days prior to your course start date, otherwise the ETP is subject to rejection.